Special features for admission
- Admission to the 1st semester for all Bachelor's degree programs takes place only in winter term.
- For the application for the Bachelor's program of Informatics, a certificate of participation in the KIT Informatics Self-Test for Study Orientation has to be submitted.
- For the application for the Bachelor' program of Informatics Teachers Education, a certificate of attendance at the Teacher orientation test has to be submitted.
- A second subject must be selected for the Teachers Education program in the Bachelor's degree. The subject with the earlier deadline is decisive for the application deadline!
- Admission to higher semesters and to the Master's degree program, takes place in both the winter and summer terms.
- In order to be admitted to the Master of Computer Science, applicants from outside KIT have to prove that they have achieved the required minimum amount of credits in the fields of Theoretical Computer Science (15 LP), Practical Computer Science (30 LP), Computer Engineering (8 LP), and Mathematics (25 LP). This will be checked by a selection committee on the basis of the application documents. If these requirements are not fulfilled, applicants can still be admitted by succesfully passing a selection interview. In order to participate in the selection interview, candidates must have achieved the required minimum amount of credits in three of the following four areas: Theoretical Computer Science (15 LP), Practical Computer Science (20 LP), Computer Engineering (6 LP), and Mathematics (20 LP).
- Further information about the application procedure can be found on the website of the Studierendenservice.
*A second subject must be chosen for the bachelor's degree in informatics teacher deducation. The subject with the earlier deadline is decisive for the application deadline!
An overview of the dues and fees can be found here.
The admission requirement for the Master's program in Informatics may possibly include the successful participation in a selection interview, which will be held in German. Please note that sufficient knowledge of German is absolutely necessary!
Selection interviews for SS 2023 will be held on Wednesday, January 25, 2023, and Thursday, January 26, 2023, in the Computer Science Student Services (ISS) office, Building 50.34. The date and the exact time will be announced in the invitation.
All applicants who do not meet the admission requirements according to §5 (1) point 2. a) of the selection statutes of the KIT Master's Program in Informatics, but who have proven knowledge and performance in three of the four areas mentioned in §5 (2) point 2. b), will be invited by e-mail at least 2 days before the selection interviews. Applicants should make sure that e-mails regarding the selection process reach them and are not declared as SPAM. All those who are invited to an interview must confirm participation by registering via a link sent to them immediately after receipt of the invitation, but no later than 24 h after delivery.
The selection interview is evaluated with 0 to 60 points.
If the selection interview is evaluated with less than 30 points, the interview is considered as failed. The applicant may participate once in another interview, but not earlier than the next application period.
A renewed participation in a selection interview is excluded if the applicant does not appear without good cause, influences the interview by deception or use of unauthorized aids or disturbs the proper conduct of the interview.
KIT does not assume any costs incurred by the applicants as a result of participanting in the selection interview.