Applicants for a place at the KIT with German citizenship, applicants from abroad with a German university entrance qualification or applicants from the EU:
- Applications for studying at the Department of Informatics are filed using a formal online application at the Office for Studies. A strict deadline applies.
- The Application Portal of the Office for Studies lists the exact documents to be handed in with the application.
- For first-semesters (except Master degrees), admission can be granted for winter terms only.
- For higher semesters, admission can be granted for both the winter and summer term.
- Further information can be obtained at the Office for Studies.
For courses with restricted admission (Master in Informatics, Master in Information Engineering and Management, Bachelor in Information Engineering and Management):
- Summer term: 15 January (cut-off deadline)
- Winter term: 15 July (cut-off deadline)
Please note: For first-semesters in Bachelor degree of Information Engineering and Management, admission can be granted for winter terms only.
For courses with no restrictions on admission (Bachelor in Informatics):
- Summer term: 15 March
- Winter term: 15 September
Please note: For first-semesters in Bachelor degree of Informatics, admission can be granted for winter terms only.
- Current fees for student services: € 77.70 per term
- Administration fees: € 70.00 per term
- Contribution for the General Students' Committee: € 5.99 per term
Applicants from abroad
Special regulations apply to your application. Please contact the International Students Office at the KIT.