Technical Infrastructure Section (ATIS)
The Technical Infrastructure Division (ATIS) is the service provider of the KIT Faculty of Informatics
for technical support of all facilities of the faculty.
ATIS staff are responsible for a range of tasks that can be divided into three areas:
- Evaluation, design, planning and implementation of concepts in the data network sector.
- Operation of the cross-location data network of the faculty.
- Configuration of VLANs and switching of connections
- Operation of the firewall structure as well as the DNS, DHCP and VPN service
- Provision of value-added services, such as e-mail, groupware and BSCW
- Support of the central computer pools of the faculty, as well as the computer systems of the faculty library
- Supervision and support of individual facilities
- Provision of virtual server platforms (administration by the institutions)
- Operation of virtualised server systems for facilities by ATIS (Managed Systems)
- Technical support and equipment of the multimedia lecture halls and seminar rooms
- Support for multimedia projects
- Evaluation of new technologies in the multimedia environment
- Further development of the multimedia environment for teaching
- Support of lecture recordings, video conferences (e.g. teleseminars)
and tutor training